Friday, November 7, 2014

I'm back...

Hello!

WOW! It's been FOREVER. Life has just been crazy busy and now that we're thru Halloween/birthdays/family visits I feel like I can breathe again before the chaos of the holidays! I want to give an update on things/projects/etc, but first I want to share this recipe. It's for spaghetti squash and meatballs.

I've been loosely following the Paleo diet, though admittedly it's more like 80/20. Hey, it's better than nothing! I've just been trying very hard to consider what I'm eating before I just stuff my face. I've also been working on doing more slow cooker recipes. This is the best time of year for it and with two kids underfoot, it works out great. This way I'm not dealing with feeding them, bath time and bedtime all while cooking dinner for my darling and myself.

Without further ado, here it is...

Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs

Ingredients for Meatballs:
1 pound ground beef or sausage
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
Egg white
  1. Mix all ingredients and form balls. I was able to get 8 nice sized ones.
Other ingredients:
1 25 oz jar spaghetti sauce- I love Trader Joe's Organic with mushrooms.
1/2 spaghetti squash- I could only fit one half in my crockpot, but if you can fit both halves go for it!
  1. Rinse well, cut squash in half horizontally and scoop out seeds.
  2. Pour sauce into slow cooker.
  3. Put half squash cut side down into slow cooker/sauce.
  4. Place meatballs around squash.
  5. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5.
  6. Take out squash and use a fork to remove insides so it resembles spaghetti noodles.
  7. Put meatballs and sauce on squash and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment