Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Color Wheel Matching Game Tutorial

Hello!

Welcome to my page! I've been wanting to do this for some time now and I realize I just need to do it and stop thinking about doing it! I feel like I have some fun stuff to share. I'm not sure exactly what I want this page to be yet, so bare with me. I love to make things and my favorite blogs are those in which the author shares how they've made or done something. Whether it's recipes, art or crafts.

I have an almost 3 year old and a 3 month old. I'm always trying to find new and interesting ways to teach, and distract, my 3 year old while I tend to the little one. Here is a project I made recently. It's SO easy! I had all of the supplies already and you probably do to if you do any creating at home. It's a good lesson in colors and promotes fine motor skills. I've been working on making games that fit into sandwich size Ziplocks for easy transport/storage.

Color Wheel Matching Game

Supplies:

White cardstock cut into 5 1/2" diameter circle
Ruler
Fine point sharpie
Paper punch in 1" diameter
Paper/cardstock in colors of the rainbow, plus brown and black
Glue- I used Modge Podge
8 Clothes pins
Sandwich size Ziplock for storage
Optional- clear contact paper to make more durable

Step 1: With your ruler mark off  8 "pie pieces" on your 5 1/2" circle with your sharpie

Step 2: Using 1" punch, punch out 1 circle in each color and glue to each pie piece

Step 3: Cut 1 strip of each color the width and length of your clothespin

Step 4: Glue strips to clothes pins- I put a coat of modge podge over each strip for durability

Step 5: This is optional, but I sealed the whole 5 1/2" circle between 2 pieces of contact paper once it was dry

Step 6: Have fun with your toddler matching the clothes pin to the circle!








You could also make this with paint or markers. I'm thinking it will be fun to use patterned paper next!

3 comments: