Friday, September 19, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Hello!

My little guy and I went to the science museum the other day and I learned this fun fact! Well, this post is dedicated to Ruth Wakefield and her "delicious mistake!"

For me there is nothing that makes a home more homey than the smell of fresh baked cookies. Especially chocolate chip cookies! I love to add butterscotch to any recipe I can, and these are so good! When we go camping these are a major component of the "Smore-gasm!" (Marshmallow and peanut butter cup sandwiched between two of these equals tasty sugar coma!) This recipe makes quite a few and I typically freeze at least half for later.


Ingredients:
Makes about 6 dozen

3 2/3 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

Instructions:

1. Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl, mix well and set aside.

2. Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy – about 5 minutes.

3. Add eggs.

4. Stir in vanilla.

5. Slowly dry ingredients mixing until just combined.

6. Fold in chocolate and butterscotch chips. Refrigerate dough for at least 12 hours.

7. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350.

8. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

9. Grab a glass of milk and enjoy the homey goodness!

My little helper!

All finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment