Monday, September 8, 2014

Quinoa Kale Salad Recipe

Hello!

I want to share my absolute favorite quinoa dish with you guys! I mean, favorite, I could eat this pretty much everyday! It can be served warm or cold.

A few notes on this salad... This is the site I use for directions on how to make quinoa. It's great! I've never had under or over cooked quinoa, and it's never mushy. I've made this salad using everything from kale to chard to spinach. (Just be sure to use a bunch, it cooks down a lot!) I used kale in these directions since it's my favorite, but you can use what you have on hand. Same with the onions. I've used yellow, sweet, purple and green. I use Trader Joe's raw sliced almonds and toast them on a cookie sheet at 350 for 4 minutes.

Quinoa Kale Salad


Ingredients:
3/4 cup dry quinoa- cooked as directed
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup onions- chopped
Bunch of kale- chopped and spines removed
1/3 cup craisins
1/2 cup feta
1/4 cup toasted almonds
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Melt coconut oil in skillet and added onions. Cook 3 minutes

2. Add kale and splash with about 1/4 cup water to steam. Cook about 5 minutes

3. In a bowl, add cooked quinoa, onion/kale mixture, craisins, feta* and almonds. Toss with salt and pepper.

4. Enjoy!

*If you are planning to serve it cold... mix everything except feta and refrigerate a few hours. Mix in feta upon serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment