Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Rag Bracelets and Headband

Hello!

I'm currently working on a big project for my almost 3 year old's birthday. I tend to be an immediate gratification crafter, so this one is killing me a bit. I'll share photos once it's complete. While I'm working on a long term project, I can't help myself but to throw a quick, easy project into the mix. Yes, it takes me away from the big one, but sometimes you just want a craft project that takes 15 minutes to complete! (And uses up some of those scraps you JUST CAN'T THROW AWAY!)

I love making my own headbands because rarely can I find them to fit-even the elastic ones are too small and slowly ease their way back until they fall off! And bracelets, well, bracelets are a bit of an obsession! Especially for summer. It all started very young for me, making friendship bracelets and I've loved to create them ever since. These two are pretty rad!
 
I taught myself how to braid with more than 3 strands in middle school, I think. At some point I need to do up a tutorial about braiding with 4 and 5 strands for those who don't know how, but in the meantime here are photos of the rag bracelets and headband I made with 5 strands braided together...


 








1 comment:

  1. My daughters name was spelled that way. Love the bracelet and what do you think about adding essential oil?

    ReplyDelete